Friday, November 14, 2014

Identity Crisis

Friend,

I'm writing you for a number of reasons, one of which is because I seem to be a bit lost. Just the other day I swear I owned a blue dog by the name of Craig, but I woke up this morning to see that Craig was orange and that he was no longer a HE but a SHE named Laila. Friend, I'm afraid that I'm not quite the same person as I was yesterday. I woke this morning to the green butterflies singing my favorite song out of tune. Friend, I'm afraid I'm not quite the same person I was last week. Just an hour ago I went for a walk and half way through I realized that I was wearing two different shoes and that my pants had disappeared entirely! Could you imagine! Friend, I was thinking about the time when we sat around my table at three in the morning talking about the lack of purple elephants in the world. Since that conversation I have dreamt of nothing but purple elephants; just the other night I dreamt of freeing purple elephants from the most evil of circuses. The elephants wore thigh high tights and were forced to spin in circles around the ringmaster with pink hair. Friend, I miss you. Friend, lets rekindle our lost flame. Friend, I went on a walk and crunched many freshly fallen autumn leaves and imagined that they were his face. You would be proud of me, friend, as I'm finally coming around to the idea that this is purely platonic. Friend, I'm afraid that I'm not the same person as I was when I began this letter. Sometimes I look at my fingers and forget all of the pain they've caused me. I forget the times they scratched the skin from my face and left scars across my skin. Friend, I'm not the same and I think thats ok, but how am I supposed to know? Friend, sometimes I'm really lonely. Friend, I thought that there was something a bit less platonic about him, but I was very wrong. Friend, I'm lost. I also wanted to write you today because I wanted to let you know that I'M VERY HAPPY with where I'm at in this very moment, but I'm just a little lonely sometimes.

Friend, I sincerely hope that you are happy. Write me back sometime.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how to respond to the feelings here, but the way you put the thoughts down on paper (so to speak) is riveting and well written. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have time one day We can discuss it over coffee? I love you too!

      Delete